Welcome to our Class Blog!

This is our place to post about the IR books we are reading. It's a great place to find book recommendations or just see what your friends are reading! Be sure to follow directions on your IR Blogging Sheet. Enjoy! :) Ms. D

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Trey Davis


Trey Davis
The Sea Of Monsters
Rick Riordan
Fantasy
Just right
Pg.53

 1                                 Right now in my book called The Sea Of Monsters ,and right now Percy Jackson just fought a battle against two colchis bulls on top of the Half Blood Hill. He got hurt with his ankle and maybe broke it or fractured it ,but it got healed by Olympian nectar that heals instantly on your body. Then they went on the campus and found Chiron who is a half human and half horse that was packing his stuff ,because he was ready to leave since he was fired because of all the bad things happening at the camp. He was blamed because he didn't do anything to stop because he could not help it. The worst part was that the tree that made the camp safe for non mortals was dying because someone was going poison it and they also blamed him about that as well. Chiron said that the venom was something he has never seen and must of came from a monster deep in the pits of Tartarus which is a place in the underworld.

2                               I like it alot because it is already telling me about some strange things and already has some adventure in it. It did not take long before action came along which I really like about this book at this present time. I like how they are new main characters ,but we still no about Grover who is not really in as a main character but we know what is happening to him in this book which he is in trouble right now against a monster but we aren't sure right now. I like how they are new creatures in this book right now for example, they are cyclopes and colchis bulls so far in this book that I am excited about.

3                            The theme that I would choose is a great journey ,because he is probably going to go find Kronos and try to confront him which is very far away from where he is now and try to get a cure for the tree. I think it is in the plot because it is not a characteristics for a person in any type of book.That is what I think my theme would be in this book so far.

4                      My favorite character is probably now Tyson who was not in my old book. He is because he is really strong and can be quite funny because he is so big and he gets sad and cries if a person picks on him which the reason why he does it is because he is only a kid cyclops and hasn't grown up yet for anything that he can do.I also like him because he is resistant to fire and that is pretty cool for a kid.

5                       My least favorite character is Kronos because the god can be really annoying because he doesn't give up on trying to rule the world and is in a million pieces from the other gods. He doesn't even have a body ,just a lot of pieces of him that kind of creeps me out about that when I picture that in my head.

6                      My prediction would be that Percy,Annabeth ,and Tyson would go to Kronos, find Grover there in a need of help, save him, defeat Kronos,and find the cure for the tree to save the camp for letting bad monsters come into the camp and destroy everything at the place where is the only safe place for half bloods to live and train there.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I felt like this book was amazing. It was so well written and the plot was amazing. There was a lot of foreshadowing just like Of Mice And Men. Also there was a lot of action so it kept in the book. I love action in a book. Do you? Even though the book was long it was tottaly worth it. I liked how Rick Riogordn kept the series going after this book. This series of books was the best I have ever read.

    2. Your blog post was really good Trey. You explained everything really well and you told me a lot about the book.

    3. I agree when you said Tyson is your favorite character. He is my favorite character too. He is simple minded and very strong and I like that about him.

    4. I disagree when you say Kronos is your favoite character I think it is Luke. Luke is always trying to hurt people and kill them. He is a bad guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke's Comment:
    I felt that the book was very good, and I would be compelled to read the next book in the series. I really liked how Rick Riordan kept the book in a fast pace, because then you never get bored. The characters in the book keep me entertained too. The characters have a good sense of humor, and are able to be courageous when the time comes. I felt that you wrote a good blog post Trey. You told me about the book, and gave good descriptions about the characters. But, there are some run on sentences, and there are some words that were not used right. Overall, you had a solid essay, and I think you spent a lot of time on it. I agree with you when you said Kronos is your least favorite character. I think he is a mean character, and doesn't care about anything but trying to rule the world. Kronos uses characters like Luke, and lets them in on his little plan to revive himself, and rule the world again. I disagree with you when you said it is funny when Tyson cries after other characters beat him up. It is not funny when another person hurts somebody else because of the way they look. I agree with Chris when you said that this book has a lot of foreshadowing. I also agree with you when you said that Luke is a mean character.

    ReplyDelete