Welcome to our Class Blog!

This is our place to post about the IR books we are reading. It's a great place to find book recommendations or just see what your friends are reading! Be sure to follow directions on your IR Blogging Sheet. Enjoy! :) Ms. D

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Trey Davis

Trey Davis
The Lightning Thief
Rick Riordan
Just Right
197

   1                     I am currently reading The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan. In my book, Percy Jackson just woke up from a bad dream about his mother being grabbed and telling Percy to go. Then Percy Jackson got up and saw a poodle named Gladiolia and was going to redeem the wanted sign for two hundred dollars and they are using the money to get on the Amtrack train. Percy Jackson has been on the train for two whole days but he is still nervous about it because the bus that he was on yesterday had furies on it and tried to fight him.

    2                    I feel that this is the most interesting book that I have read ever. It is also a book that is just right for me to read because the words are easy ,but not too easy for me. I am pretty close to finishing this book that I am reading. I am very anxiousm to see the ending and who stole the lightning bolt that Zeus owns. It is intersting how Percy did not get hurt from the monsters before the fury that was pretending to be a teacher named Ms. Dodds. This book is one of a kind because it imagines something that we just don't think about alot except for the series of couse it has. The author makes the work very adventurous that makes you want to fight medusa or something.

3               I believe that the story of the book is teamwork  because it is almost impossible to survive out on Earth by yourself against the creatures. The theme appears when monster come around and you are out numbered by alot. The theme appears in the characters  responce to something and might need help or not. They pretty much need each other for example, Without Grover finding the dog and realizing that the dog was missing and can have a reward of 200 dollars if they brought the dog back.

4              Percy Jackson is my favorite person because he is brave and he does have problems such as dyslexia and can have anger problems in some of the scenes. He also can be very stubborn and does get kicked out of schools during the beginning part of the book. He got kicked out by fights, weird things happening and he gets blamed for the stuff he did not sometimes do.

5            My least favorite character is Gabe. He is because he is very annoying and I do not know why Percy's mom kicks him out when she doesn't even really like him at all. Some of his friends even call him smelly Gabe,and he hits Percy's mom just because he doesn't get his way. He is a big cry baby if you ask me and I believe that he is scared of Percy.

6           I predict that Hades would not have the lightning bolt and that some one in Half Blood Hill has it and that he is going to be stuck there and have to use something to escape. I am predicting by all the hints that is there in the enire book. All three have already thought that he might not have or not. Riordan put a littl bit of context clues metioning about if Hades has it or not. This is my prediction about this book.         

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment