Welcome to our Class Blog!

This is our place to post about the IR books we are reading. It's a great place to find book recommendations or just see what your friends are reading! Be sure to follow directions on your IR Blogging Sheet. Enjoy! :) Ms. D

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Abdell Saint Paul

Abdell St. Paul
Silent to the bone
E.L Konigsburg
Mystery
Just Right
Just Finished/#261

 1. During the end of my book Silent to the bone, Connor convinces Branswell to talk about why he couldn't talk and what happened to Nikki when she got hurt. Branwell begins to talk and starts talking about Columbus day. Branswell starts to forget how to talk so he stares into the space. Branswell has to wash Nikki's hair and back with shampoo. Branswell had a secret that he didn't tell his parents, Branwell did what ever Vivian told him, and he kissed Vivian. Branwell has revealed his secret that he didn't want to tell what happened during the 911 call because of Coloumbus day. Branwell told Connor that Vivian had dropped the babys head on the tub and that she started shaking the baby. Branwell told Connor the story about what happened. Connor convinced Branwell to tell Margaret what happened when Branwell was washing Vivians back with shampoo.

2. I liked how this is a mystery book that is engaging to read. I liked how the author had many exting lines that left me with good suspense that never made me stop reading. I liked how this story taught readers of importance of developing the values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and true friendship in themselves and their lives. I liked how the story addresses how friendship can change and evolve when the individuals in them start change, and how family circumstances can affect people. I liked when Connor and Margaret were solving mysteries they were closer together allowing their familes to bond a litte more.I liked how the plot ecouraged me as a reader to not put the book down and just keep on reading. I liked how the author described the characters in detail. I disliked the beginning because it had a slow start into the conflict of the book.  I feel that this is a new author that I've never before. I disliked this book because their were too many characters, I got confused noticing which character was saying one sentence and which other chracter was saying the next sentence. I disliked when the  author was talking about puberty in this book. I also dislike how the author had a pointless ending.

3. The theme in my book is trust because throughout the story Connor trusts his friend Branwell that he didn't hurt his sister. Before Connor even investigated Branwell he trusted that Branwell never hurt his sister. Connor managed Branwell to say that Vivian did it. I notice the theme in the beginning of the book, the end , and the plot of the book has the theme in it. This theme appears in both characters and the plot because Connor trusts Branwells innocence and in each event of the book Connor tries to manage Branwell to expose that Vivian hurt his sister.

4. My favorite character is Connor because he is a trustworthy friend. He puzzles out why his friend Branwell can't speak. Connor believes that Branwell didn't hurt his sister. He is Branwell's only friend. He used note cards to speak with Branwell and he used the eye blinking techniques to communicate with Branwell.  He's dedicated to to uncover the truth of what happened. Before he has done any investigations with Branwell he believes Branwell innocence. Connor and Margaret create a good detective team since they both get along together. He is more pleasant than Vivian.

5. My least favorite character is Vivian because she is cruel. Throughout the book she lies.  She doesn't take care of the baby. She accused that Branwell hurt the baby and shook the baby. She smokes cigarettes next to the baby. She breaks every rule at being a nanny. She's the protagonist.

6. Since I just finished my book I can't make a predicition but I didn't expect the ending because this book isn't easily predicatable. The author explained many things about why Branwell couldn't talk. The things that were different to me at the end is that Vivian did all the things she accused that Branwell did to the baby sister. I didn't understand why Branwell couldn't talk until the end of the book. At the end of the book the author answered the plot and the conflict of the book. The clues the author gave me that lead me to the ending was the part when the Connor and Margaret were investigating the 911 tape, and when Branwell told Connor what happened on Columbus day. Another part of the end was pointless, it was one demensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment